Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hot Hot Heat


As most of you know, yoga has been a big part of my life since high school. To everyones surprise I have never taken a hot yoga or Bikram class.  The idea of being in a steaming hot room (105°) with sweaty, smelly people turns me off.  It wasn't until last week when a friend of mine raved about the new Hot Yoga Saratoga studio that I considered trying this crazy workout.  SO I went last week- INTENSE! 
Although the heat proved to be a struggle, the strength and flexibility it gave me was addicting.  I've already been back twice! 


If you enjoy seriously sweating and gaining mind-body connections from exercise I would recommend trying hot yoga.  It's crucial to drink a TON of water before and not eat for about 3 hours prior to the workout.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment